- Spotify Subscription: Some people are asked to bring cupcakes to parties, I’m usually asked to bring music. The most recent event was New Year’s. I have a few go to playlists, but depending on the audience (in other words if there are kids around) my old standbys won’t quite fly (early 2000s Ludacris probably isn’t something a 5 year old needs to hear). So rather than spend a ton of money on downloading new songs, I decided to try out Spotify Premium’s 3 month trial. The deal is you pay .99 for 3 months and have access through your phone to their entire library (after the 3 months the price jumps to $9.99 a month). Now I can go from Chris Stapleton to Vance Joy to Fetty Wap without have to jump from Pandora station to Pandora station hoping they’ll play my song. Also (back to my original point) Spotify has a ton of different playlist based on mood, genre, activity, time of day, probably one even based on your favorite color. You name it, they have it. Pretty great when your the resident DJ of the group.
- This watch: I’m not a label or designer girl by any means. Sure it’s nice, but it’s never been my thing. Having said that I have to say I NEED THIS WATCH. I don’t even like watches. But a watch that tells me exactly when happy hour is? YAAAS.
What I’m loving this week…
- Fall TV: One of the things I look forward to the most about Fall is the return of Fall TV. I don’t watch much television during the summer because, well, there’s nothing but terrible reality on. Which, don’t get me wrong-I LOVE me some Housewives, but can’t bring myself to watch, say…Bachelor Pad. I will watch a woman on TLC eat the inside of a couch but just can’t bring myself to watch Big Brother. Don’t even get me started on the atrocity that was True Detective Season 2. Sorry. Not hating on people who watch Summer TV, but I can’t get into it. Fall TV is a horse of a different (reddish orange pumpkin spiced) color. The Affair, The Walking Dead, The Leftovers, Modern Family, American Horror Story…GIMME!!! There aren’t many things I love more than coming home from a long day at work, throwing on sweatpants (literally the moment I walk through the door) and cozying up on the couch with my remote and a glass of wine and/or a box of Cheez-Its and/or cookies (I like my snacks. Don’t judge.) and getting engrossed in a post apocalyptic zombie wasteland. Or watching the antics of the Dunphy/Pritchett/Prichett-Tucker clan on Modern Family. Or being whisked away to Montauk to be a third party to a salacious Affair. You get the point. If you’re looking for a new show, IMDB is listing 15 binge worthy shows returning this fall
- This Buzzfeed article: Yesterday marked the halfway mark to 33 for me (I can’t even put it into words how much typing that number pains me). I didn’t live in a dorm, but the early 2000s were my golden years. I had no real responsibilities, aside from a waitressing job that allowed me to sleep until noon and stay out as late as I wanted. I had a hot pink Motorola flip phone. I watched Garden State incessantly. I loved “Hey Ya” and Justin Timberlake’s first solo album. The OC was my must watch TV show, along with Laguna Beach (Team LC!), Newlyweds (RIP Nick & Jess) and The Simple Life (RIP Paris & Nicole. And Tinkerbell). I had a Myspace account (kids today will never know the pain of having to rank their friends in order and the angst of trying to find *the* perfect background song to express themselves), and yes even rocked a trucker hat. I will always look back on this time as one of the best times of my life, combined with very questionable fashion choices (denim on denim anyone?). At least we’ll always have memories like this to look back on…
There’s no easy way to put it. Tuesday doesn’t get much love. She’s Monday’s ugly sister. The weekend was 48 hours ago, and there are still 72 long hours left until this weekend (UGH). But Tuesday isn’t all that bad, which is why I’m starting a weekly installment featuring two things I love this Tuesday. In the words of Drake: “It’s goin up on a Tuesday”
- National Coffee Day: National Coffee Day is September 29th. I love coffee and cannot function without it, so of course I love a day celebrating it. You know what else I love? FREE COFFEE. That’s right. Several java joints are giving out free coffee, including Dunkin Donuts, Krispy Kreme and Wawa. Check out this article from USA today for more info: National Coffee Day Freebies
2. Late Night Chauffeurs: I love a good night out, and I especially love a good night out when everyone can have a good time, and there is no cause for concern as to how to get home. Enter Late Night Chauffeurs. Basically, you drive your car to your destination, you call LNC, give them a time and location to meet you, and they will pick you and YOUR CAR up, and drive you both home safe and sound. No drinking and driving, no worrying about what to do with your car if you end up partying too hard. Easy peasy! A friend of mine recommended them to me after using them a few times. I used them recently after a night out and I do not have enough great things to say about them. They met us at our location and the time I scheduled, drove our car home and found parking (which in my area is a nightmare on the weekend). Our driver was super sweet, patient and a great driver. His co-Chauffeur followed us back to our home to pick him up (in case you were wondering how he gets home). It’s a safe, inexpensive way to enjoy a night out. Keep them in mind next time you’re thinking of going out! Late Night Chauffeurs